For my dad's birthday I made him brownies from scratch. Most years he chooses whatever he wants and I make it as a present. He likes it better than any present I could buy for him and I do too. I'm not cheap (straight face).
Fudge Peanut-Butter Cup Brownies
Recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups
2. In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter completely. Stir in sugar and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not allow sugar mixture to boil.
3. Pour butter mixture into a large bowl or stand mixer, beat in cocoa powder, eggs, salt, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
4. Stir in the flour and peanut butter cups until well combined.
5. Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean. The edges should be set and the center should still look slightly moist, but not uncooked. Cool on a wire rack.