About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Paige. I come from California but I also have German and Danish ancestry. "Ich komme aus Kalifornien und Deutschland" Besides that, I have a lot of cultural interests, I'm a vegetarian, exceptional sushi eater, I love the beach, traveling, cooking, photography, & anything about health.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Red Miso Stir Fry




Stir fry:
1 pkg yam noodles
2tbs Coconut oil
1C extra firm tofu
1/2C cabbage
1/2C broccoli
1/2c yellow squash
1/4C red onions
1 large garlic clove
Red Miso Sauce:
1tbs grated ginger
2tbs red miso
2tbs rice vinegar
2tbs honey
1tbs soy sauce
1tbsp sesame oil
1 tbs lemon grass



Directions: Its pretty simple. Cut everything up, including the noodles(5 calories per serving WTF!), they're long and clump together. Rinse off the noodles then boil so they're a little cooked first, they start out pretty firm and rubbery (don't be turned off, they're good!). Set aside. Then heat up a big pan with the coconut oil and put the vegetables (save garlic and onions until the last minute) and tofu in until they are cooked and the tofu has brown edges. Mix the sauce ingredients together and add to the cooked vegetables along with the noodles and let it caramelize for about 30 seconds. You can put some red pepper flakes or fresh basil on top, I always like non-cooked herbs with hot
food like this, its refreshing.





2 comments:

  1. I am so dang impressed!!!! I have been looking for these noodles (or similar).....great source of protein (the soy ones).....awesome girlie.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...I thought you had stolen your picture it was so artistic until I recognized our soup bowl in the pic. I'm excited to take some cooking class with you, so you can cook for us even more!

    ReplyDelete